Monday, November 24, 2008

Before surgery I would drink soda daily, all day. Since January 2008 I haven't had a single soda.

Before surgery I wouldn't touch coffee - blech. Now I have a daily latte habit. I must admit it is my new transfer addiction. Im a Starbuck junkie - Venti Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte (Quad).

However, I recently discovered a way to get more protein and less guilt in drinking my daily espresso. (Thanks LJ).

Now I get the Quad Espresso on ice and I pour in a protein shake instead of the sugar-free syrup and milk. It doubles the protein intake. And makes tasty breakfast.

So this morning I am drinking a Pumpkin Spice Iced Latte
4 shots espresso
1/2 venti cup of ice
1 scoop Lean Dessert vanilla creme protein powder
1 oz of DaVinci Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup
1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice

Yum!

PS - Check with your doc if they don't recommend coffee/caffeine - I drink plenty of water to counteract my java fix.

0 comments: