Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lucky Day!





















A year ago at this time I was on the way to the hospital for my prep for my surgery.

What a crazy year!

I have lost 140 pounds. I have lost the morning aches and pains. I have lost the plus sized clothes. i have lost the feeling of shame for being fat. I have lost the invisibility of being fat. I have lost my health conditions caused by my excess weight.

I have gained an amazing group of friends that understand the whole process because they have done it too. I have gained self confidence. I have gained my health. I have gained more energy. I have gained my new life. I have gained new respect for myself and I have gained the realization I am in control of my life and my choices.

I choose to be healthy. I choose to never be the "before" picture again.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. My only regret is that I didn't do it 10 years sooner.

Have there been problems? For me I am lucky in my 1 year I have not had complications or issues, but I know people that have had problems - so it is a possibility.

I would like to publicly thank my supporters and friends--you all helped more than you know with all the things you said and did in this last year, My surgeon -- Dr. Raymond Drew from Minneapolis Bariatric - you gave me a powerful and wonderful tool, Starbucks for their Iced Skinny Vanilla Lattes - my new addiction.

I'm a Lucky Girl!

0 comments: